As we wave goodbye to the summer months and welcome the crispness of fall, the month of September brings with it the promise of a fresh start.
With the right planning and organization techniques, you can make the most of this transitional month. The key to success is a well-structured daily planner, a handy tool that can help you achieve your goals.
It’s time to embrace the power of effective planning, transform your everyday routine and master the art of organization.
For those who can spare at least 1 hour a day (or even more), you’ll find a schedule of 30 time-consuming tasks. But for those who only have 5 to 10 minutes a day, we’ve also put together a list of 30 quick-to-do tasks.
30 general tasks (1 hour/day)
1. Update the financial budget.
2. Rearrange the workspace for better productivity.
3. Plan healthy meal menus for the rest of the month.
4. Declutter the home and office space.
5. Review and update the personal and professional goals.
6. Organize the computer files and emails.
7. Plan and schedule the social media posts for the next month.
8. Update the resume and LinkedIn profile.
9. Schedule all the appointments and meetings for the month.
10. Backup all the important documents and files.
11. Plan the workout schedule for the upcoming month.
12. Read and reply all the pending emails.
13. Clean up the email inbox and unsubscribe from unnecessary newsletters.
14. Prepare a reading list for self-improvement.
15. Clean and organize the closet.
16. Review and update the monthly and yearly calendar.
17. Create a plan for personal growth and development.
18. Schedule time for relaxation and self-care.
19. Plan a day for family and friends.
20. Update the to-do list for the next month.
21. Plan and execute a digital detox day.
22. Organize the kitchen cabinets and pantry.
23. Review the insurance policies and financial investments.
24. Clean the car or bike.
25. Plan and schedule the blog posts or articles for the next month.
26. Set reminders for all the bill payments.
27. Organize the bookshelf and donate the unwanted books.
28. Plan a day for a short trip or vacation.
29. Clean and sanitize the home.
30. Review the completed tasks and prepare a plan for the upcoming month.
Quick tasks (5-10 minutes)
1. Verify and update your contact list.
2. Re-organize your apps on your phone for easy access.
3. Clean out your car.
4. Back-up all your digital files.
5. Re-stock your pantry with healthy snacks.
6. Update your social media profiles with recent information.
7. Set reminders for important dates and deadlines.
8. Set a 10-minute exercise routine to follow every day.
9. Tidy up your workspace.
10. Review and update your monthly budget.
11. Dedicate 10 minutes to deep breathing or meditation.
12. Go through your closet and discard clothing items you no longer wear.
13. Clear out your email inbox.
14. Create a reading list and commit to read a few pages each day.
15. Update your resume and LinkedIn profile.
16. Plan your meals for the next week.
17. Review your insurance policies and financial investments.
18. Clean your computer desktop and delete unnecessary files.
19. Check your smoke detectors and home security system.
20. Set a goal for professional development and brainstorm steps to achieve it.
21. Review your to-do list and prioritize items.
22. Set reminders for all upcoming bill payments.
23. Clean and sanitize the commonly used items like TV remotes and mouse.
24. Review your social media privacy settings.
25. Set up a monthly subscription for household essentials like cleaning supplies and groceries.
26. Schedule out free time for leisure activities.
27. Clean and refill your water bottles and coffee makers.
28. Pick one drawer or cabinet to clean out and organize.
29. Throw out or recycle old magazines and newspapers.
30. Review what you accomplished in September, plan tasks for October.
In conclusion, organization is not a one-time event but a lifestyle. Embrace the power of daily planning this September and see how it transforms your life.
If you found this article helpful, don’t forget to share it on your social media platforms. Let’s spread the magic of organization together!